Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 04:58:12 +0000
While this antenna undoubtedly sucks for what the typical amateur wants from
HF, it seems perfectly suited for what the military mostly used to use HF for -
tactical regional communications over a comparatively short range - 50 miles or
thereabouts regardless of terrain. Frequency agility and broadband utility are
more important than long range, which is essentially irrelevant given the
application.

AFAIK, satellites have taken over this application space.

Al
AB2ZY