Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy

To: "schaffer250@comcast.net" <schaffer250@comcast.net>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 19:16:35 +0000
It's not clear what you are doing.

If you're talking about a standard 25G self supporting base plate, where are
the two bolts that don't line up? If they are inside the footprint of the new
baseplate, why can't you just drill new holes in the baseplate? If outside,
weld an extension onto the baseplate?

Given the limitations of 25G self supported, I'd find it hard to believe either
option would come close to being the weak link.

If it is a guyed tower, hell, you could probably use lag bolts and shields -
the only purpose of the bolts is to prevent lateral movement.

Al
AB2ZY