Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 16:38:51 -0500
> From: TowerTalk [mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On
> Behalf Of Bill
> Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 3:50 PM
> To: K7LXC@aol.com; towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy
>
> What is the correct epoxy please?
> Bill W2CQ

My usual go-to chemical anchor epoxy for this kind of application is Hilti
HY-200.  I also like Hiti's HIT-Z anchor rods, but they aren't available in
hot-dip galvanized unfortunately; give them a shot of cold-galv every couple
of years, if for nothing else to make it easier to remove the nut if it ever
becomes necessary.

However, I agree with others - the pier pin is the only thing needed for a
properly-designed guyed tower.  If there isn't already a pier pin, I'd put a
proper one in (set in epoxy as well, not for pull-out strength but for
weatherproofing) and be done with it.

                                --- Jeff WN3A

---