Re: [TowerTalk] RG6 coax question

To: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG6 coax question
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 08:09:19 -0800
On 3/12/2016 5:51 AM, Ed Stallman wrote:
Howdy Tower Talkers , My question is if water can get into the RG6 coax
through the outer cover ? The RG6 I'm using is Commscope but it's not

connectors are 8 to 12 inches off the ground and taped good , so if
water is getting in, it would have to come in through the insulation ...
if that's possible ? I'm asking these questions because the HI-Z RX 4SQ

 8.5  inches of rain in 2 days is allot of water !

Thanks Ed N5DG

Yes, water will get into your coax through the insulation...if it
gets chewed by "critters".  Elevating it 8 inches is no guarantee
against critters and 8.5 inches of rain.

Been there; done that; got the T shirt, hi.

Rick N6RK