[TowerTalk] Fwd: RG6 coax question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: RG6 coax question
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 15:11:26 -0500
 You could get water in the cable if there is/are a crack/s or pinholes in the
jacked, and that doesn't have to be big. A corroded screen will cause
attenuation (and associated noise) and that will not show up with any simple
isolation test. Test the cable with an SWR meter. You check what SWR you get
with the other end open or shorted. Low SWR = cable attenuation. (That's how I
test my cable installations) The MFJ 269 has a built-in calculator for that.

Hans - N2JFS