Re: [TowerTalk] 40-30m dipole design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-30m dipole design
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 07:49:19 -0400

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
From:   jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>

There's no big advantage to linear loading: you might as well use a good
low loss inductor at the feed (the "shorty 40" does this).

I don't think the voltage will be all that extreme. A 30 m dipole, on 40m,
has a feed point impedance of 30-300j ohms. You can use one of the antenna
tuner apps to figure out what hte voltage is.