Re: [TowerTalk] 40-30m dipole design - GOALS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-30m dipole design - GOALS
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 06:05:04 -0700
On 3/18/16 5:49 AM, N1BUG wrote:
On 03/18/2016 06:27 AM, Tod wrote:
Paul, what is the point of this speculation? A single antenna
that covers two bands? A rotary antenna for 40 and 30?

Both. I should have specified my goals.

I am a DXer first, contester second. Currently I have a 40 meter
inverted V, apex at 70 feet and 30 meter inverted V, apex at 80 feet.
Here is what I would like to achieve:

<snip>

How about using a tuner to feed your 40m full size dipole on 30? I can't get W9CF's tool to run (curse the latest Java release from Sun), so I can't get a quick read on the tuner loss, but it should work fairly well