Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Aluminum Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Aluminum Antennas
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:31:16 -0700
I like the idea of spraying on a protective coating. Glyptal clear insulating varnish spray was suggested earlier and was reported to last quite a few years when sprayed on aluminum antennas. I have done a little research on clear insulating varnish and found two that might be suitable. One is Glyptal 9620 which may be the one that was reported here earlier, and the other is Sherwin Williams S00600. Both products are spray on clear insulating varnish. They are glossy though if this is an issue. If they will last as long as the one reported earlier I will give one a try. Here in the SF Bay area aluminum corrodes pretty quickly, I would love to find a coating that will work for my aluminum antennas. Any experience with either of
these ?

73,
Bob
K6UJ