[TowerTalk] CMC-230-5K

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CMC-230-5K
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 06:43:11 -0700
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 17:48:35 -0400
From: <john@kk9a.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CMC-230-5K

I was also thinking that it's easy to wrap the indoor coax though a ferrite
and eliminate the extra connectors and enclosure.

If you have a good choke at the antenna and good coax, is there a reason for
having another choke inside the shack?

John KK9A

##  I know of several folks who had real bad RFI /TVI /DSL/phone issues, and no
amount of
filtering the affected devices helped much.  In desperation, CMC right at the
output of the linear
amp solved the problem...go figure.   Some had good baluns at the ants..and
some had lousy baluns.
IMO, whats really required is sjy high Z /RS..right at the feedpoint.  Then
supplement with more CMCs
downstream..if required.

Jim  VE7RF