Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: CMC-230-5K

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: CMC-230-5K
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:50:37 -0700
RG400 and RG142 are same od, same double Ag plated shields, both 0.195" od. RG142 is solid center Ag plated and RG400 is stranded Ag plated. I mount the choke in a J-box so there should be no flexing, so I use 142. 1.9kv for 400/142, and rated about 1.6kw at 50Mhz. Short lengths of 142 are on ebay for about $2.60/ft.

The hard one to find is the next size up, RG304 which has a 3kv rating and 0.27" od, all Ag plated and small enough diameter for enough turns in 240 size cores. I've searched for a 304 supplier but never found one. Also known as M17/112, the current Mil spec designation.

Grant KZ1W