[TowerTalk] Common Mode Interference

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Common Mode Interference
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 09:54:30 -0700
I am still learning how to deal with common mode interference, and I am still
very much a work in progress  :-)
Below are two sites with info on this subject that some of you may not be aware of.

First of all, Jim, K9YC has an invaluable treatise on this. I am using his "cookbook recipes" :-) for chokes on all my HF beams. This should be required reading for anyone dealing with RFI,
and common mode noise.
Here is a link:   http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Also, take a look at the extensive common mode noise mitigation work done by N4IS. His work illuminates what Jim talks about. (Very interesting, he has done quite a bit of work.) Here is a link, slide way down and look at all the common mode work he has done :
http://wwrof.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WWROF-WEBNAIR-RX-Antennas-for-a-Small-Lot-.pdf

73,
Bob
K6UJ