Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Lifting a mast off the rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Lifting a mast off the rotator
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:53:50 -0400
Very interesting Grant. Thanks.

The 1/4" bolt sits on a split lock washer on top of a 1/2 tall spacer which rests on the drive plate. The centering block is a later style that has a recess that sits over the 1/4" bolt.

Do you think the Nord lock will work on this spacer? The spacer is free to rotate with vibration and I think it's bound to come loose again. Or... a Nord lock above and one below the spacer? Where can I buy just a few SS 1/4" Nord locks?

Of course, the other option is to not use the centering block but it makes getting things in alignment very easy.

Les W2LK