Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Feedlines

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Feedlines
From: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:46:37 -0500
Ditto the Bury-flex.

On 5/9/2016 5:37 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Mon,5/9/2016 2:22 PM, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
As I purchase new feedline for the project, What kind should I get RG????, LMR???? Etc

For HF and up to 6M, RG8/RG213 with a heavy copper braid from a known good cable mfr. I like Buryflex a lot. http://www.davisrf.com/buryflex.php

Heres the setup:

Radio - Icom 706MKIIG barefoot

This is the VERY weak spot. It's worth replacing it with something a lot better. Weaknesses are a lousy receiver and lots of noise on transmit (your neighbors on the bands will be unhappy).

Antennas - 3 element tribander (cant remember the model name but its a real one)
    - 9 Element horizontally polarized 2m beam
    - 3 Element 6 meter beam
- Some previously un determined 44 beam (what I can find inexpensively as I dont use 440 much at all)
    - 2 / 440 vertical on a side arm mount

The run from the pass through in the shack window to the top of the tower will be 100' or close enough not to matter. Price is somewhat of a concern, but I am looking for quality. As previously noted, I am close to DXEngineering, and for simplicity sake would like to use their products

Then why are you asking here?  Just call them up and buy it.

73, Jim K9YC

R. Kevin Stover
AC0H
ARRL