Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2

To: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>, 'Chuck Dietz' <w5prchuck@gmail.com>, 'Bob K6UJ' <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 20:11:06 -0400
TT'ers

 I have gravitated  from soldering fully PPL 259's.   I  did all the pre
tinning the braid, enlarging the  solder holes on the  body  and  have an
excellent  soldering iron.......  But the Crimping method  has bitten me...
From LMR 400  RG 213, RG 214, and  RG 400  & 142 B.
 both  PL 259 and BNC .....  I guess I am Half Butted Because I have not dive
in fully and   get the silver connectors with the soldered center conductor.

on another note some one wrote the Joel @ RF connections sell  inferior
connectors... he sell a complete line from  cheap off shore   items to
mill spec. silver Teflon.... Let you wallet be your GUIDE

Wayne   W3EA