Re: [TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 09:58:52 -0700
On Wed,7/6/2016 6:31 AM, Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk wrote:
"Are you sure you need a choke to feed your commercial antennas?

Yes.

How do you know that M2 does not have choking capabilities for their yagis?"

Because I don't see any circuit elements to do that.

So, the real question is: if my commercial yagi already has some sort of a
balun, how do I know if it is any good from CM perspective? I suspect the
answer is that the baluns on my M2 yagis are just for matching purposes

That's what I've said over and over.

73, Jim K9YC
, but I should ask you guys anyway.