Re: [TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 15:21:50 -0700
On Tue,7/5/2016 11:00 AM, Steve Hunt wrote:
To quote Amidon: "Overheating of the core will usually take place long before saturation in most applications above 100kHz."

Many years ago there was a guy named Amidon, but he's long gone, probably SK. I don't know anything about him, but I suspect any tech info on the website is decades old. It took them and other ham vendors 6-8 years to find my work on chokes and start selling #31 parts, some of them the wrong ones.

73, Jim K9YC