[TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 23:22:22 -0700
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 18:37:24 -0700
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed

On Fri,7/8/2016 5:34 PM, Kevin wrote:
> Instead of the coax coil at the feed he had some fancy machining done
> to support a Balun Designs 1:1 choke at the feed.

Better yet, wind the coax through multiple cores following my Choke
Cookbook. Now, from the choke down, you can dress the coax any way you
like, and the choke prevents signal picked up on the coax from filling
in the nulls of the beam.

k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

I continue to marvel at folks who will spend money on some magic box
that someone else builds rather than something they can do themselves
for a fraction of the cost.

73, Jim K9YC

##  he needs to use method #2  as shown at
http://www.w8ji.com/baluns_on_log_perodic_antennas.htm
IE:   TWO  CMCs required.... one at feed point.... and a second one where the
coax leaves the boom..and  forms into
the rotor loop.   Coax is taped to one of the booms.   problem solved.

Jim   VE7RF