Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA disc....

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA disc....
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:43:47 -0700
Rudy,

That is a great idea to develop HFTA further, or replace it entirely. If I understood N6BV's comments at a conference last year it is an old mainframe Fortran card deck program with all the memory limitations that implies. IRRC he has no inclination to revisit it either. So, he and the ARRL may welcome a major upgrade. Besides GUI tweaking, I think there could be a lot more functionality added given the supercomputer capabilities of current PCs.

The GUI upgrades for driving VOACAP are pretty interesting and the Fortran source is in the public domain. Lots of data at voacap.com.

Grant KZ1W