Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary tower installation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary tower installation
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:27:28 -0700
Several years ago, K7JA gave a very useful talk at Pacificon or Visalia about various ideas for Field Day. One was to use the modular Army surplus 4-ft tubular mast sections with a tripod adapter to build a support for small antennas. W6GJB and I bought a bunch of these sections and adapters and use them for Field Day, CQP county expeditions, and most recently for a 7QP county expedition. Pictures are worth more than a thousand words, so see pictures in this link. k9yc.com/7QP.pdf We found sources for the hardware wandering around the Dayton flea market. We use one of these setups to rig a C3SS at 25-30 ft. The C3SS is a great, light weight, compact tri-bander, probably a bit lighter than an A3S.

73, Jim K9YC