[TowerTalk] Rotator and Beam advice requested

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator and Beam advice requested
From: "Chris Hoelzle" <choelzle@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:44:05 -0700
Hello All. I am putting up a 80 foot Rohn 55G. I am in a 115 mph wind zone.

I need Beam advice - I have just about settled on a StepIR DB36. Even though
the specs show 100 mph for the beam, in talking to the factory, I am told
"it will be fine" as long as you retract the elements in high wind. Is that
true or should I go a different direction?

I like the simplicity of the StepIR as my alternative will be multiple beams
and ring rotators and all that fun.

Second question - Assuming I go with the 55G and the DB36, can anyone guide
me to a good reliable rotator that I won't have to rebuild every year.

Thanks so much

NN6CH

Chris Hoelzle
choelzle@cox.net