Re: [TowerTalk] AVA7-50 reel info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AVA7-50 reel info
From: Stephen Lee <gwy4ever@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 10:49:52 -0700
Good morning to Jorge Diez, CX6XM, and fellow towertalkers,

I have 2 reels of Commscope P3-625-JCASS-SM-PR977 (flooded, 75 Ohm, Al shield, Cu coated Al center conductor). These have foot markers printed along the coax. On the unused reel the manufacturer's label states 2568 feet and that is what is printed on the coax as the first marker of that full reel. On the reel which has had coax removed the foot marker on the coax reads 2352 feet. Based on what I see then I would suggest the meter marker on Jorge's coax is showing how much coax remains on the reel. With that, the last marker inside Jorge's reel of coax will most likely be 1 meter.

Stephen Lee, N7RV