Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being l

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 22:48:01 -0400

I believe you will find the problem, if there is one, is the lateral load on the two legs rather than the dragging unless it caught on something. I would think the trolley option mentioned would offer no give and be harder on the legs than the dirt. 25 and 45G legs are quite fragile to lateral load on the unsupported legs. 55 IIRC is notably stronger.

A commercial operator should have no problem.

73

Roger (K8RI)