Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower price increase

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower price increase
From: Kevin <kstover@ac0h.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 17:26:30 -0600
Chris,

I used to do it for a living. I was certified to weld just about anything anywhere, except underwater.

They are NOT a start up. They've had all the tooling and "machinery" for many years now. ALL of their crank ups are a variation of 5 or 6 20' tower sections whose jigs were built years ago. I could probably weld one in 10 minutes, even with my poor eyesight and prosthetic leg.

Press brakes, CNC Plasma tables, CNC lathes, welders, etc...don't need replacing very often, if ever, given proper maintenance. We had a WWII turret lathe that still put out very good parts, maybe not CNC quality but good enough.

They're building towers not high performance engines or wrist watches.

Kinda funny that Tashjian hasn't raised their prices by a factor of three. They're 20 miles apart and probably have quite a few of the same suppliers.

They simply don't want to be in the amateur market any longer.