Re: [TowerTalk] Is a cellular phone tower in the nearby vacinity a probl

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is a cellular phone tower in the nearby vacinity a problem for a ham?
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:58:05 -0500
One other thing I should mention: the term cell site can be a little ambiguous. Cell carriers share tower space with other services that might be a little less careful with their systems. If a carrier finds themselves impacted by pollution from a fellow tower tenant or a nearby neighbor, they will take action. But noise that stays below 700 MHZ won't get their attention.

When you point a 20 meter yagi at a cell tower, you're most likely pointed at many nearby homes as well, with who knows what going on.

-Steve K8LX