Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Options (for a 5,000 ft. run)

To: john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Options (for a 5,000 ft. run)
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:55:13 -0800
I suggest the stack matches at the tower base and stand up dog house for them. Thus inside storage of matches and the equalizing coaxial cables (100's of feet of hardline) so they are not on the tower, and protected from the weather. Then a single coax and control cable for each band stack to the shack. Having multiple radios on the same band at the same time on the same tower is probably not possible at HF. Having each band's stack on a single run tower to shack permits SO2R or M/M operations on separate bands with adequate filtering and such is available off the shelf.

Grant KZ1W