Re: [TowerTalk] LPDA optimal height

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LPDA optimal height
From: "Steve Baughn" <baughn@centurylink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 12:45:03 -0500
I currently use and have used for sometime a HyGain TH-11 at just over 70 feet. I also used LP's in the military..While I am working to improve my "farm" I can hold my own working DX. As has been noted, the LP is designed to work over a wide range of frequencies but do not produce an overabundance of gain. Some are more particular as to routing of the feedline along the boom. I have not found that to be the case with the TH-11 nor to have any issues with common mode. In general, the comments here about 75' height are probably about right although I know of one ham in SC who has his TH-11 at about 150' which it would seem would leave a lot of holes.

Steve, WD8NPL

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thomson