Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna help needed

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna help needed
From: Thomas Noel <tnoel@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 08:47:16 -0700
Hi Steve,

I am a fan of a 135’ OCF Dipole. Mine is a Buckmaster rated for full legal
power, and is at about 65-70’. Heavy insulated wire and heavy duty hardware
throughout. I do have a serious CMC (K9YC design) at both ends of the feedline.

Works very well 80-10 including 60M and 30M with even the internal tuner in my
FT920. My interest is regional EMCOMM rather than DX, and my coverage extends
from Northern Mexico to Alaska, and from far into the South Pacific and asiatic
Russia to US east coast depending on band. I am sure that there are spikes and
nulls at the higher bands, but I have no way to assess.

The same antenna at a more modest height more resembles a NVIS design.

Thomas W Noel
Bandon OR
KF7RSF