Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna help needed

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna help needed
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:02:18 +0000
I'm not an expert. But FWIW, my default "if I could only have one wire" antenna
at my QTH is a Carolina Windom, mostly because my trees and shack location
naturally suggest an OCF.

I do not run power. I do add an extra choke on the feedline. New England is
less UV-intensive than Florida.

At 60 feet with an 80m CW, I feel semi-competitive on 80, and am able to have
fun on 60 and 30-12. 40 is frustrating for me with that antenna due to the
pattern and noise. The antenna will radiate on 10 and 6, but....

The 80m Carolina Windom was my first HF antenna. I had all my antennas down for
several months last year when attempting to sell the house...But when
circumstances evolved and the move was cancelled, the Carolina Windom was the
first antenna I put back up. (And a 40m delta loop went up immediately
thereafter.)

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org