Re: [TowerTalk] Nylok nuts

To: "Grant Saviers" <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nylok nuts
From: "Charles Gallo" <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:57:32 -0400
<snip>
>  I use Nord-Lock washers for high vibration or
> "can't loosen"  applications when full bolt tension is ok,  as split
> ring lockwashers are nearly useless.  There are many many choices for
> fastener locking technologies.  for some of them check out
> https://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-locknuts/=18dpj92
<snip>

If anyone wants to read a really interesting book on this, get a copy of
Carroll Smith's
"Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and Plumbing"

Probably more than you'd ever want to know about what actually works,
DOESN'T work (hint, split lock washers  are basically useless for a
properly torqued connection) and how to prevent things from coming
apart/failing

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1659