Re: [TowerTalk] Nylok nuts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nylok nuts
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 12:45:11 -0700
When I picked up some Nylock's from the local marine supply house for the fishing fleet in Newport they said there are counterfit Nylok nuts on the market and you need to be careful that you don't end up with them, the insert is (according to them) often some material like but not the grade of plastic that Nylok uses and will fail.

I also thought that there was a rule on the auto side (way back when I worked on cars) that since a Nylock degrades each time it is removed that the max reuse was 3 times, but replacement is better. I use some Nylock's on my antennas here on the coast just off the ocean and they get a LOT of UV and salt, but have held up.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: N2TK, Tony