Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna in trees?

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna in trees?
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:23:58 -0500
I’m intrigued by guys now using drones to set antennas into trees, seems it
could be more precise than slingshots, arrows or spud guns.

How high are the trees? Since you’ll have to use support rope anyway, could you
simply stop pulling when the insulator gets close to the tree? Or use a
catenary to hold the wire away from the tree?

I take it from your tuner plan, it would be a random-length, end-fed wire?

73, kelly, ve4xt