[TowerTalk] Tower Base rotated 5 to 10 degrees off correct bearings

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base rotated 5 to 10 degrees off correct bearings
From: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 05:10:30 +0000 (UTC)
Asking for some assistance with a tower issue...
I'm involved with some folks in building a station in PJ4. One of the first
tower bases was accidently set in concrete in a position that it is rotated 5
to 10 degrees from its correct position in relation to the guy anchors. I'm
hoping that there might be a good suggestion or two as to what might be a good
fix or work-around.
The tower is AB-105, and the base is a section of AB-105 set in concrete. The
plan is to have the tower built up to 140 feet, with guys at 40, 80, and 120
feet.
Some alternatives:
If we "use as is", will the torque of the guy wires cause problems for the
tower?
Should we consider some kind of adaptor plate for the guy brackets to correct
the situation?
Are we stuck digging and pouring a new base, or new guy anchors, with the
correct positioning?
Any ideas will be much appreciated.
Thanks, 73,
Rich, N6KT