Re: [TowerTalk] Need Capacitors for Matching Network

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Capacitors for Matching Network
From: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:54:09 -0400
Grant,

A very interesting setup on that vertical!

I'm extending an existing 43-foot vertical to get a marginally better
and easier to feed antenna for 80/75 while still being suitable for 40m,
which at present is my favorite band. I don't know what top loading the
53-foot vertical would do to 40m performance and I worry about feeding
it on 40m. I'll model that to see. Its an intriguing possibility.

Its true that the smaller values of the CDV16 line are somewhat current
challenged. But it looks like I could put some higher valued parts in
series to overcome that.

I appreciate your input.

--
Art Greenberg