Re: [TowerTalk] Need Capacitors for Matching Network

To: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Capacitors for Matching Network
From: Doug Smith <doug@w7kf.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:26:14 -0600
My solution (http://www.w7kf.com/Articles/Projects/LNetworkCoupler.html) was to
use air variable capacitors, one for each circuit. Adjust them once and then
consider them as fixed values.  It seemed easier to get the values and power
handling capabilities needed. I hand wound the coils out of 6 AWG copper from
the big box store.

Also, it's nice to have variable components as you will have stray inductance
and capacitance in your circuit that aren't in your model.

It did turn out large so might be a non-starter in your scenario..

73,
Doug, W7KF