Re: [TowerTalk] Buried conduit pull rope

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buried conduit pull rope
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 13:17:25 -0400
Muletape is the only thing to use. It's flat & slippery, does not tend to twist, and won't burn thru your PVC corners. And cheap. And strong.

-Steve K8LX

On 8/28/2017 1:03 PM, Steve K7AWB wrote:
I am going to bury some heliax and coax cables in conduit and I'd
like some advice on Pull ropes. I think I'll use two of them so that
in the future I have redundancy since once these are buried for 200
feet, it would be impossible to dig them up again. What do you
suggest? By Pull ropes I mean both nonmetallic ropes and maybe
metallic wire such as guy wire or something like that. Steve k7awb