Re: [TowerTalk] Another conduit question

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another conduit question
From: Thomas Hybiske <thybiske@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 19:28:01 +0000
That is correct.  I leave no pull lines in the conduit for future pulls.
Instead, I blow a ghost thru for each new pull.  This almost guarantees a
straight shot thru the conduit without corkscrewing down the pipe which can
happen when you pull a future line along with a conductor, especially one
that has been coiled up.   As far as getting the ghost down the conduit
with existing conductors, the plastic bag conforms nicely to the interior
of the conduit.  To give you an idea of whats inside oneof mine, one of my
2" runs is 165' long, and contains one 1/2" Heliax, 2  four conductor
control cables, 1 rotator cable, and 1 two conductor low voltage cable
which powers my heated rain bucket on my weather station.  Each cable was
pulled individually over time as the tower site grew.
K3GM

--

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.