Re: [TowerTalk] A dumb question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A dumb question
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:58:02 -0400
Commscope F660BEF

73, Roger

On 8/29/2017 2:41 PM, N1BUG wrote:
Hi Bob,

The labels on my partial rolls are unreadable now, but I am certain the jacket is PE. Mine is not quad shield, just a single aluminum braid shield plus foil. It is nasty stuff to work with and will make you and your tools extremely sticky! It will also very efficiently put bits of aluminum wire from the shield in your fingers! I have had very good luck using Snap-n-Seal F connectors installed with the proper tooling. Never an issue in going on 10 years now. I'm sure I paid no more than $100 per 1000' roll last time I bought it which was 3 or 4 years ago. If you look on eBay you should find several brands and vendors of the flooded or direct burial RG-6 cable. By the way I also have a couple of splices with 2 x F connectors and a F-F adapter, taped up. No issues there yet, but they have only been in about 2 years. Some idiot with a chainsaw in my case but with a 1500' run you will probably need a splice anyway... ;-)

73,
Paul