Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding of cables to tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding of cables to tower?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:00:25 -0700
On 10/17/2017 7:43 PM, Bob Shohet, KQ2M wrote:
Hi Jim,

Having said that, it doesn’t answer my question.  There is no one correct way of doing
anything in this hobby – the present discussion on how different people ground the
legs of their tower is proof of that.

The tower leg discussion is a simple mechanical one, from which I learned of useful resources. This is not a "why" question, it is "what are the practical ways to make the connection."  There are good and bad (even right and wrong) grounding schemes, and most are not debatable. It is, for example, "right" to bond tower grounds to premises grounds if the tower is "close" to the premises, and somewhere between "wrong" and "a waste of time" if it's not close to the premises. And for purposes of this discussion, "not close" is somewhere between 60 and 100 ft. You'll find this in Ward's book and in my pdf.

I hope that you will choose to answer my question.  Thank you.

I did, in the three resources listed below. And I spent a LONG time doing it.

73, Jim

73

Bob, KQ2M