Re: [TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 14:00:15 -0600
I can vouch for the reliability of the Prop Pitch rotor system.

 I have used the same small PP rotor since late 1960's.
I homebrewed a 500 ohm position feedback system using a modified CDE
controller. (Now includes a Rotor-EZ interface)
I initially rotated a homebrewed Tri-bander built on a 4in X 20ft. irrigation
pipe boom. In early 1980's I replaced the HB beam with a TH-6 and added a 14el
2m beam on top. It has been in operation all this time.

73, Jim – w5ifp@gvtc.com