Re: [TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?
From: <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 13:13:34 -0600
Agreed... that why I mentioned the "variable wind direction".  The basic idea
is to move the center of pressure to the center of gravity and have them both
at the mast mounting point.  Most Yagi style antennas would require both weight
and area added to be "balanced" for gravity and wind load.  While gravity is a
constant, wind load is not, hence the problem with a paddle.  This is a case
where "rocket science" is easier (fin size and placement on a rocket) for
stability.

Perry K4PWO