Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 06:50:01 -0500
Perhaps Stauff Clamps makes something that will suit your needs.

John KK9A

From:   Richard Smith N6KT

I'm involved in planning a station on PJ4, in which some yagis will be large
enough that a boom truss support will be needed. I would like to find a clamp
made of aluminum for connection to the aluminum boom. I'm hoping to find a
clamp that is all aluminum, or mostly aluminum (small amount of stainless
steel
hardware, none in direct physical contact with the boom). I have had some
of my
own experience, and have seen photos, of installations where a Stainless
Steel
or Galvanized Steel U-Bolt, Muffler Clamp, or bracket was used for attachment
of a truss to a boom. Dissimilar metal (galvanic action) at the attachment
point caused weakening of the boom, sometimes to the point where the boom
broke.
I have been searching online for a while and the links below show clamps that
are kind of close to, but not quite matching, my idea of an aluminum boom
clamp
for this application:
TETRIX® MAX Tubing Coupler (W39379)
|   |

http://www.leetackle.com/clampaccessories.html

If anyone has already solved this design challenge, I would appreciate if you
would share the details.

Thanks and 73,
Rich, N6KT