Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 08:09:31 -0600
I installed several JK Antennas last year.

Ken uses two milled aluminum halves that are attached to the boom with two bolts.  One of the bolts is what the truss cable attaches to and is centered over the boom.

The advantage is that they can be installed anywhere on the boom after the elements have been installed.

See https://jkantennas.com/whyjk.html to get an idea of that the clamps look like.  For the truss mount clamps, they have a space between the halves so the bolt can capture the truss cable over the center of the boom.

Not sure if Ken would sell them separately or not.

Rich - N5ZC