Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 05:07:19 -0800
DX engineering makes em in both 2 inch  and also 3 inch.     These are both
just cast aluminum irrigation pipe clamps, but both using SS carriage bolt and
mating SS hardware....+  SS nylock.
They both work superb.   I have been  using both the  2 inch and 3 inch
versions  since 1980.    I live close to the ocean.

The SS carriage bolt is slick, as is has a square under the domed head... which
fits the square hole in the clamp.    IE:  only one wrench required to tighten.

There is no way in hell these will ever slip on the boom, cant.   They are aprx
3/16  to  1/4  thick al.   Just use a thimble, and also some never seize goop
on the SS threads.

https://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/antenna-boom-support-brackets?tw=boom&sw=Antenna%20Boom%20Support%20Brackets
       Shows  both versions,  2 inch  +  3 inch.

https://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/antenna-boom-support-brackets/product-line/dx-engineering-atbb-2-boom-brackets?autoview=SKU&sortby=Default&sortorder=Ascending
    2 inch

https://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/antenna-boom-support-brackets/product-line/dx-engineering-atbb-3-boom-brackets?autoview=SKU&sortby=Default&sortorder=Ascending
    3 inch

ONLY trick to using either sized clamp is that it HAS to be slid over that part
of the boom ..1st !      It can not be added..after the fact... like say a 2
piece clamp assy.

Jim   VE7RF