Re: [TowerTalk] Optibeam OBLY14-5

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Optibeam OBLY14-5
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 01:03:55 -0800
On 11/14/2018 11:38 PM, David Gilbert wrote:
If not you're just spreading an unsubstantiated rumor.

Hi Dave,

I know Kurt Andress well enough to know that he does not deal in unsubstantiated rumors. He is, among other things, a superb Mech Eng'r, and he runs a first rate biz installing antennas. That puts him in a position to see a lot of problems.

Things DO change in the world of manufacturing -- ask anyone who has dealt with a company that changes hands, or that acquires an overly aggressive bean counter (or purchasing agent who wants to make a good impression with bosses who don't know any better).

I made my living as an audio systems design consultant, and it was part of my responsibility to know who was making good stuff, who was supporting it, and who was not. In my 40 years in that world, I saw all of the above happen over and over again, as once great companies and products turned to crap.

73, Jim K9YC