[TowerTalk] SteppIR wear out & Vertical question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, steppir@groups.io
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR wear out & Vertical question
From: rlvz--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 12:18:34 -0500
My BigIR vertical worked well for aprx. 14 years but now the EHU has a major
problem and needs repair or replacement.  That said, the BigIR was only
installed during the winter months so it's actual time of use was aprx. 7
years.   I guess it's a reminder that mechanical things wear out.  I enjoyed
the BigIR while it operated and it was a good omni-directional Multiplier
antenna, though the band changes were time consuming.  I'm now seriously
considering replacing it with monoband verticals or a multi-band vertical such
as a HyGain Hy-Tower as there are no moving parts to break down and it has
instant band changes.  Any recommendations for multi-band verticals?   I
realize Yagi's have more gain and I use them, but a Vertical at the edge of the
saltwater river works pretty well too and radiates in all directions.

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 11/16/2018 11:44:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, w3yy@cox.net