Re: [TowerTalk] JK C3S WARC Modifications

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JK C3S WARC Modifications
From: Max Cotton <M0GHQ@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 07:55:16 +0000
I have a C3SS and it works to a fashion on the WARC bands but you have to turn
it 180 degrees from the signal, the swr is over 10:1 but I still manage to work
most stations. (Also works very well on 6m).
Looking at the JK ants, 5 and 6 banders, they are very heavy structures in
comparison to the original force 12's, mine is only 22lbs whereas the JK
version is up around 60+lbs. I would like to add the warc bands proper to the
C3SS but it will probably have a bunch of interactions and build issues, not to
mention element collision on a windy day.
73 Max M0GHQ