[TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 14:13:06 -0800
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 14:01:20 -0600
From: N5KM - Kris <n5kilomike@gmail.com>
To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>

<Im rebuilding my Force12 40m yagi. What would you recommend as replacement
<for the alumoweld linear loading wires? Some of these wires have snapped in
<the past due to years of vibration.

<Note: as part of the rebuild I am adding truss supports for the 3 elements
<in order to remove the stress on the linear loading wires.

<Kris N5KM

##  replace the  LL alumoweld  fubar  with hb  coils...  like  either  al  or
cu.  Use  dacron  rope  for the
new  truss supports.

##  Dont   even  think  about using SS  wire..... the losses are beyond  sky
high.   It  will  break  anyway,  cuz  of  metal fatigue.
Stranded  CU wire  would  work,  but hb coils are simpler.

Jim   VE7RF