[TowerTalk] Connectors, down the tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors, down the tower
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 13:56:28 -0500
Ok, in prep to replace my rotor, get back on the air, and clean the shack, I
have some questions re connectors, coax, etc

First, right now, my rotor cable comes into the house, and goes right to my
controller box. Nicely dressed, but I think I’d like to put a connector in
there. Say go from the SPG panel (need to properly put in) into the house, a
connector there, and then to the Green Heron box. (And maybe a second connector
right before the box). Thoughts? Which connector (I’m changing from a Ham IV to
a Yaesu)

Coax. Right now everything comes down from the roof (roof mounted antenna), to
a coax switch with lightning ground, then runs over and into the shack.
As I said, want to put another SPG panel right before house entry. The question
is. Right now I do it all with buryflex. All the jumpers behind the shack are
even buryflex. (Rig, amp, tuner, antenna switch signal injector, and out the
door.
Would I be crazy to go to RG-400, particularly for the signal after the amp?
Three of the runs (amp to tuner to switch) are less than 3 feet, and switch to
panel would be 5-6 feet or so.
Again, thoughts?

--
73 de KG2V