Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Tool

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Tool
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 12:13:45 -0800
On 1/8/2020 7:24 AM, Keith Dutson wrote:
While the cost may seem excessive, keep in mind these are made from the best
RG-400 cable available to ABR, and normally shipped to commercial
communications customers.

It's at least 50% labor. First quality RG400 (Harbour Industries) costs about $2.50/ft from good ebay vendors. Don' know cost of the crimps, but 83-1SP with silver reducer is about $4.50 if you buy in quantity. So materials cost for a 6 ft jumper is about $25. I'm long retired, so my time comes pretty cheap. :)

73, Jim K9YC