Re: [TowerTalk] Need help estimating cable length of DXE 400 MAX

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help estimating cable length of DXE 400 MAX
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 12:57:20 -0800
Yeah, I just did that with a large reel of RG6. I just stripped the cable back so about 1/4" of center conductor was exposed. I pushed the exposed center conductor into type-F jack of the adapter on my MFJ-269 far enough that part of the annular ring of the shield touched the outer conductor of the type-F jack. I was a little surprised, but this was good enough to get frequency readings for two adjacent impedance minimums.

Short clip leads work pretty well, too. Somewhere I have a couple of PL-259s that have clip leads attached to the back side for that sort of thing.